WE Modern Humans wish to have and retain a healthy and vital body. It requires some effort and undertaking to be healthy. For example moving, not eating too much, a varied diet and getting enough sleep will help you on your way.
Being healthy is more than just not being sick. It is a state of general well-being in which there is no physical injury or illness. You will have to keep up your health (or start getting up). The advantage is that a healthy person feels good and vital. Although doing this does not guarantee a full or lifelong health, an unhealthy life is quite likely to make you (feel) unhealthy. Paying attention to your health will increase the chances of becoming and staying healthier.
Bad health is related to a lack of satisfaction in your life. It can result in feeling “down” or not experiencing enough love. If you experience these feelings, it is good to check how healthy your lifestyle is. With a healthy body you have the capacity to feel happy and loved, vice versa as well. The focus should be on having a lifestyle as healthy as possible to create a healthy body.
Bad health is caused by:
• Physical addictions
• Too much sitting down
• Lack of touch
• Lack of intimacy
The Principles of the “Constitution of the World Health Organization” are as follows:
- Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
- The enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health is one of the fundamental rights of every human being without distinction of race, religion, political belief, economic or social condition.
- The health of all peoples is fundamental to the attainment of peace and security and is dependent on the fullest co-operation of individuals and States.
- The achievement of any State in the promotion and protection of health is of value to all.
- Unequal development in different countries in the promotion of health and control of diseases, especially communicable disease, is a common danger.
- Healthy development of the child is of basic importance; the ability to live harmoniously in a changing total environment is essential to such development.
- The extension to all peoples of the benefits of medical, psychological and related knowledge is essential to the fullest attainment of health.
- Informed opinion and active co-operation on the part of the public are of the utmost importance in the improvement of the health of the people.
- Governments have a responsibility for the health of their peoples which can be fulfilled only by the provision of adequate health and social measures.
Read the principles of the Constitution of the World Health Organization
English (Also available in various languages)
Mental health refers to the emotional and psychological well-being of an individual. According to WHO, there is no official definition of mental health. Cultural differences, subjective evaluations and different professional theories make it difficult to determine what “mental health” is.
What does that mean?
Paying attention to your health has a positive effect on your well-being and life.
A world with people that have enough time and resources to improve their health and to keep this up.
How can you improve yourself?
Be aware that being healthy or unhealthy can do to you. Make an inventory of the shortcomings
within your lifestyle (health-wise) and how you can improve that.